Wednesday Lunch, 12:30 - 1:45 PM
Do you remember the first time a teacher or caring adult sparked your curiosity? Or the look of excitement on your kids’ faces when they learned something and it opened a new world of possibilities? Join PBS KIDS to hear stories from stations, educators, and caregivers about their “aha!” moments in early learning. While exploring the importance of early education, they will share storytelling best practices for you to bring back to your station. This will inspire you to identify stories of impact in your community and leverage them to build value locally.
- Lesli Rotenberg, Chief Programming Executive and General Manager, Children's Media and Education, PBS
- Stephanie Chavara, Storytelling Consultant
- Miriam Mendoza, Ready To Learn Project Coordinator, KLRU/Austin, Texas
- Shelly Bautista, Kindergarten Teacher and PBS KIDS Early Learning Champion, Carson Street Elementary School, Los Angeles, California
- Liesl Jacobson, Children's Services and Family Engagement Coordinator, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Travis Mitchell, Chief Content Officer, UNC-TV/Durham, North Carolina