The NETA Awards honor our members' achievements in community engagement, instructional media, promotion, and content production.
The annual competition, first organized in 1968, is judged by professionals in the public media industry and related organizations. The awards are presented at the NETA professional development conference. (2018 Winners)
The competition is open to NETA member stations.
Questions about anything Awards-related:
Or contact NETA Awards anytime.
- The competition is open to NETA member stations only.
- Entries must have been created / broadcast / published between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
- You may enter as many eligible projects as you want.
- You may enter the same project in multiple categories.
- No part of any entry will be returned. NETA reserves the right to use any part of any entry for publicity or professional development purposes.
- $60 per entry until August 1.
$75 per entry after 5:00 pm ET on August1.
Purchase orders, VISA, or MasterCard accepted. No checks. No refunds issued for any reason.
- Entry deadline: September 1, 2019 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
WHO is eligible?
Only NETA member public television stations may enter the NETA Awards competition. Content produced or co-produced by a member station is eligible for this competition.
WHAT is eligible?
2019's eligibility window is TBA and will be decided by late spring. Work created / published / broadcast and/or events that occurred on or between those eligibility dates (TBA) is eligible for award consideration.
- ANY NUMBER of entries in any category may be submitted.
- Members who submit co-productions must demonstrate that any production outsourcing was "work for hire," with the station responsible for majority funding and editorial control.
- For all submissions, the member must have sole or shared copyright.
- Awards will be presented to winning entries from members in good standing as of the 2018 conference dates.